"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Aaron Radigan

From Squad Profiles

Position: Midfielder
Hometown: Timaru, NZ / Salem, OR
Pre-game song: Flight of the Conchords - Ladies of the World
Goals: 31
Bio:
"We live at the edge of the world, so we live on the edge. Kiwis will always sacrifice money and security for adventure and challenge" - Lucy Lawless (Zena Warrior Princess)

Favorite Team - New Zealand National Team '82

I was born and raised in Timaru, New Zealand. For those of you familiar with NZ, Timaru is on the South Island. As a Kiwi, I grew up playing rugby, because that's what you do. I didn't start playing football until my family moved to the States when I was 12. The first team I played on included Sean's brother Tyler. A few years later I had the opportunity to play for the mighty North Salem Vikings with Sean.

On a visit back home in '99, I had the opportunity to be an extra in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I was in a big battle scene in the Two Towers, but you will have to watch the extended version to see me. Even though I'm not a huge Lord of the Rings fan, it was quite a big deal in NZ. Especially in Queenstown, which is just a half a day's drive from my hometown.


0 comments: