"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dan Calkins

From Squad Profiles

Position: Attacking Defender
Hometown: Denver, Colorado
Pre-game song: Man U by the Giraffes (not the one sung at Old Trafford either)
Bio:

"Goals: To keep playing until I score a goal!"

The first adult league team that I played with upon moving to Portland nine years ago was the FC77 Rangers. When the team was in receivership and in the process of being relegated to a U-11 girls division I transferred to an upstart team only to come back to the Rangers, on loan, many a time. Now I’m back fulltime, finishing out the remainder of my contract and golden years with the revitalized Rangers team! My favorite sport is Soccer, my second favorite sport is watching soccer. My favorite team is, who’s ever the underdog, as they make for the most interesting matches. Players that made an impression in my youth; Pele’, Franz Beckenbauer, Giorgio Chinaglia.



0 comments: