"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." - Bill Shankly

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gary Foubister

From Squad Profiles

Position: Midfielder/Striker
Hometown: Helensburgh, Scotland
Pre-game song: Sleep Now in the Fire by Rage Against the Machine
Goals: 7
Bio:
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

Moved to Oregon from Florida but I'm originally from Scotland. I've been playing football for as long as I can remember but stopped a few years ago because of crazy Florida Summertime kickoffs. 100F and 100% humidity at noon is no fun. I grew up with rain/hail/sunshine all in one game baby!


I support Rangers and Liverpool, but since I grew up in Helensburgh (just west of Glasgow) my local team was Dumbarton (it was always painful to watch them). Now I have to add Portland Timbers to the list (they're better than Dumbarton though).

But to be honest, I'm really a Liverpool supporter and have been since the days of Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness, and Alan Hansen.

I played three seasons with FC77 Rangers and indoor football with several of the 'Gers lads on FC Black Cats. I'll be be keeping an eye out for Rangers results while playing with the Timbers Army Football Club in Fall 2009.

You’ll Never Walk Alone / RCTID

0 comments: